Can’t wait for Blue 2015? On October 9th at 7pm DC will host a local forum on redeeming culture through Q Commons. This will be a national event taking place in over 60 cities throughout the U.S. The first 3 presentations will be simulcast to all cities, while the second half will be live for our local audience.
A special shout-out to Stan Voudrie, one of our Blue 2013 faculty members!
- WHY CULTURE MATTERS | TIM KELLER | Pastor, Redeemer Presbyterian Church
- KNOWN BY OUR GRATITUDE | ANN VOSKAMP | Author of One Thousand Gifts
- RELIGION AND PUBLIC LIFE | Q PANEL | Andy Crouch, Jenny Yang, Gabe Lyons
DC-specific Live Presenters
- ENDING HOMELESSNESS | Jill Carmichael | Housing First Division Director, Friendship Place
- CAN WE REVITALIZE WITHOUT DISPLACEMENT? | Stan Voudrie & Kymone Freeman | Four Points LLC, We ACT Radio
- IS THERE GOOD AT WORK IN THIS CITY? | Kate Schmidgall | Bittersweet Creative
Ebenezers Coffeehouse (201 F Street NE) is a first class, fully operational coffeehouse that seeks to serve the community on Capitol Hill. Please note that space is limited and you MUST pre-register to attend this event.
Registration and additional details are available on the website: Q Commons
A Message from the event organizer, Gabe Lyons:
After years of planning and coordination, I’m excited to officially announce the launch of Q Commons– our new initiative to bring the Q national event experience to cities across the U.S. and around the globe.
On Thursday evening, October 9th join 10,000+ participants in 60+ cities as we gather to enjoy an evening of vision, learning and engagement. Alongside Tim Keller, Ann Voskamp and Andy Crouch leading off the evening with 3 nationally broadcasted talks, 3 locally curated Q Talks will be presented addressing cultural issues and topics that matter most in your city.
It’s not often we have the opportunity to come together with our neighbors, friends and colleagues to be educated and inspired to advance the common good in our very own community. I hope you’ll prioritize this on your calendar and join us.